How to Choose the Best Ergonomic Home Office Desk Chair
Image credit: Work From Home Happiness
Working on a remote job at home allows you to have the freedom to spend your time on your own. However, when you became the master of your own time, you sometimes tend to spend most of your time sitting in front of the computer all day. Though we don’t recognize it, sitting all day can wreak havoc on our bodies. We may experience numbness, back and neck pains, sweating, and added stress. And if there’s one factor responsible, it’s your choice of chair.
In this article, we’ll talk about some tips on how to pick the right home office chair for you, its benefits, and where to find the best deals.
The Office Chair Anatomy
If you’ll try to take a close look at your seat, you may wonder what it’s called, or what it does. Knowing the function of each part can help you use it with ease. Listed here are some of the basic parts of an office chair and its purpose. We’ll teach you how to adjust them as we go on to the next sections.
Image credit: Top Rated Office Chair
- Head Rest – helps reduce neck pain and strain since it provides the user a place of rest for their head as they recline or relax.
- Back Rest – together with the adjustable height and lumbar support, this provides the right form for your spinal column.
- Seat Pad – provides cushioned support for the buttocks. The seat height should be adjusted, allowing a 90-degree angle for the user’s knees to achieve maximum comfort.
- Arms – this helps in removing the tension in the shoulders and neck while typing. It has 3 types: the Flip up arms, T-arms, and Loop Arms.
- Flip up arms: arms that can be flipped up and out of the way
- T-arms: arrive in both fixed and adjustable options
- Loop arms: fixed arms that do not require adjustment
- Base – provides stability and movement. It can be made of materials such as polypropylene, aluminium, or steel.
- Casters – are pivots attached to the base for a smooth and easy movement. It can be made of soft rubber or urethane, plastic nylon, or metal. User must select a caster based on the flooring.
- Other Parts – includes a lever for mechanism, foot ring, cylinder, cover, and a lot more.
The Different Types of Office Chairs
1. Conference Chair – also known as the boardroom chair; are specifically designed for meeting rooms. It comes in modern, traditional, and leather options.
Image credit: Uratex.com
2. Executive Chair – designed in high-back styles and upholstered leather, this type of furniture provides full back and head support to achieve optimum comfort. It offers a professional and executive look that perfectly suits managers and boardroom members.
An 8 Point Massage Executive PU Leather Chair by Hazza Online
3. Task Chairs – the basic and the most commonly found chair in the workplace. It has a low back and simpler features than the executive chair, but can also provide you comfort depending on your posture.
Image credit: Uratex.com
Now that we’ve already discussed the basics of an office chair, let’s now proceed to the factors on how to find the best desk chair that will suit you.
Factors to Consider in Choosing the Right Office Chair for You
There are many types of office chairs available in the market. Finding the right seat that will best suit you can be somewhat difficult if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Here are some points that you can consider in picking the appropriate one for a comfortable and ergonomic working experience all day.
The human body comes in different shapes and sizes. Thus, everyone has different requirements when it comes to picking the perfect working seat. Adjustability of the parts can help the user adapt to a chair.
The seat height must be highly adjustable for a comfortable sitting. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor and feet should be flat on floor. The backrest’s angle is also important to keep your posture in good condition. This allows proper blood circulation, which prevents numbness in the body.
- Arm and Lumbar Support
When you are actively typing, armrests and lumbar support are highly essential. The ability to recline allows you to easily reach your keyboard without straining the eyes, shoulders, and arms. It also reduces the pressure on the spine and sitting bones.
Armrests allow you to get closer to work, with the proper height and pivot. The arms should stay relaxed and your elbow must bend at around a 90-degree angle.
On the other hand, the lumbar support keeps the body in a firm and controlled position with comfort, allowing oxygen to move around the muscles and increase blood flow to the brain. This helps improve focus, keeping you concentrated and energized all day.
Never choose an office chair based on the looks. It is way better to have a comfy material than just a classy one. The seat and back should contain paddings for optimum comfort even on extended hours of working. The seat depth needs to be enough to accommodate the user’s buttocks and back ergonomically.
Selecting the right fabric for our chair is like choosing the best for our clothing. Always bear in mind how thick, soft, and luxurious the material is. A breathable cloth fabric is preferable.
Nowadays, rolling chairs are often used in the offices since it lets you slide the seat back and forth to suit your position from the desk. A chair with wheels and swivel ability provides an easy glide and movement, preventing you from getting strains.
This is one of the most essential things to consider in finding the perfect office chair. Durability plays a crucial part on how long the chair will survive. Take note of the materials used for the cover, as well as for its parts.
Long-lasting covers are usually made of authentic leather and mesh fabric. Man-made fibres and foams can easily get knocked out of shape and has the higher tendency to tear quickly. Metal legs, wheels, and armrests for the basic structure and joints are way more durable and heavy-duty than plastics.
- Price Point
We all know that budget is important to consider. But if you can push a little higher to buy a great chair, you’ll definitely enjoy the investment. Keep in mind that what you’re going to use could be key to increase your productivity and efficiency at work, and thus potentially allowing you to earn more.
So you’ve already known the different factors to consider in choosing the perfect home office chair. Now, here are some of the benefits you can enjoy as you work using it:
- Greater Posture – helps you control your posture without feeling numbness even in hours of work.
- Excellent Comfort – ergonomic and user-friendly
- Prevention of Neck and Back Problem Risks – no more stiffness in the neck, spine, and shoulder region
- Proper Blood and Oxygen Flow – reducing pressure on the hips and abdomen
- Happy Working Environment – lesser stress and fatigue
Engaging with the right brand is important. Choose the best and never settle for less. Hazza Online offers you top quality office furniture that will surely provide you optimum comfort and relaxation even on extended hours of working. For a worthwhile work-from-home experience, click here.
Awesone1 September 2018Awesone